Sydney Australia Scholarships for International Students, MBA 2017-2018, 1. The scholarship is intended to promote academic excellence at the Masters level in selected degrees offered by the University of Sydney Business School.
2. The scholarship is available to new students who will commence their first semester of study with the Business School in one of the eligible Master’s programs involving 10 to 16 units of study. The degree of Master of Business Administration is inclusive. The scholarship is open to full-time international and full-time or part-time domestic students.
3. Only those applicants who have received an offer of admission for one of the eligible Master’s programs in the Business School for the subsequent semester are eligible to apply. Current students who have completed study toward their degree and students receiving an offer of admission for a combined Master’s program are not eligible to apply.
4. The scholarship covers 50% tuition fees and is tenable for 1.5 to 2 years full-time or 3 to 4 years part-time study. To retain a scholarship, the holder must maintain a continuous enrolment during their degree from the semester for which they sought entry. A continuous enrolment requires a minimum three units of study (18 credits points) annually.
5. The University of Sydney Business School will pay 50% tuition fees for the required number of units for the award of a Master’s degree. The tuition fee will be cleared following census dates (March 31 and August 31). The scholarship does not include airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) or Overseas Health Cover each year.
6. The scholarship is competitive, by application and awarded on merit to the most outstanding applicant assessed against the following four selection criteria:
(i) prior academic achievement, which must include a prior University degree with an Australian-equivalent average of at least 75%;
(ii) leadership capability, with the successful applicant being required to demonstrate outstanding leadership potential in the business domain
(iii) ambassadorial potential, including outstanding public and professional communication skills; and
(iv) motivation to succeed in business in a socially responsible way by demonstrating a commitment to applying the learning offered in the chosen Master’s program to making a positive difference to professional life and business practice.
Applicants are required to submit an application addressing each of the above criteria, including certified details of prior academic results. Applicant performance against these criteria is assessed by a committee from Management Education chaired by the Associate Dean, Management Education. The committee nominates individual applicants on the basis of their application submitted. The committee will recommend the nominees for the award to the Associate Dean, Postgraduate.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 9, 2017.
For more details visit the official site