Chikowa Youth Development Centre (CYDC) is a Catholic technical institute which belongs to the Chipata Diocese and is run by the Comboni Missionaries.
It is a unique place for quality technical training and human formation of the youth.
– To equip the youth with technical and entrepreneurial skills.
– To provide spiritual and human formation by means of building human and Christian values.
– To promote self-reliance, job creation and micro enterprises that will enable the youth to achieve a better future.
– Promotion of community leaders.
General Agriculture (6 months, 1 year, 2 years)Bricklaying and plastering (6 months, 1 year, 2 years)Automotive mechanics (1 year, 2 years)Carpentry and joinery (6 months, 1 year)Catering (2 years)
CYDC is an institution registered under TEVETA: all students sit for a governmental certificate at the end of their training.
The success rate is 97%.
In addition to technical skills, students attend classes in: Human formation, to help them in their personal growth and leadership skills development and in Computer Skills, to improve their computer literacy in our increasingly technological world.
Many extra-curricular activities are proposed: Choir, Red Cross club, Press, Maths club, French club, Bible sharing, Leadership club, and Sports (football, netball, volleyball).
The centre has all the required training facilities and a very conducive environment for studies:
4 spacious classroomsWell equipped Carpentry, Bricklaying & Mechanics workshopsSchool libraryComputer laboratory with 24 workstationsMultipurpose hall & Summer hut3 fully equipped hostels for gents and ladiesAgriculture facilities and implements: laboratory, farm animal enclosures, fields, gardens, fishpond, tractors…
– Open to all youths aged 16 to 28 years without distinction of race, religion or sex.
– Collect an application form (K30) at Chizongwe Comboni House, from any parish priest of the Chipata Diocese or from the CYDC. Selection is based on aptitude test and interview.
– Return the form before the 31st October 2019. Interviews for recruitment (written and oral tests) at 8:00:
Chipata: 15/11/19 – Chizongwe Comboni HouseLundazi: 19/11/19–Lundazi ParishMasumba: 18/11/19– St. Paul OutstationChikowa: 18/11/19–CYDCChadiza:20/11/19 – Chadiza parish
P.O. BOX 108 – Mfuwe (Zambia)
Office: 021 6 246171 / 096 8 854118
Email: [email protected]