Mac Holdings Limited is looking for an ambitious Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly management reports
- Prepare all statutory returns i.e. ZRA, NAPSA, Workers Comp, NHIS
- Reconcile and maintain all statutory accounts and report monthly on the statutory affairs
- Assist with other accounting functions.
- Proven experience of 5 years in accounting and preparation of financial reports.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 accounting package and MS Office.
- Knowledge of computing of all taxes and submission of returns
- Knowledge of payroll and experience in payroll packages
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Qualifications (part qualified ACCA/CA Zambia, studying the final level and a member of ZICA)
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]