National Prosecution Authority (NPA)
NATIONAL PROSECUTION AUTHORITY
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Accountant (One Position)
Salary Scale: NPA/04
Reporting: The jobholder shall report to the Senior Accountant
Duty Stations: Muchinga Province – Chinsali Office
Main Job Purpose:
To supervise and undertake accounting activities in order to enhance accountability of funds.
- Supervises effectively payroll inputs in order to facilitate payments of salaries and other allowances.
- Supervises timely and accurately the maintenance of books of accounts in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Supervises and undertakes timely banking of revenue collections in order to safeguard public funds.
- Supervises effectively preparation of responses to audit queries in order to facilitate decision making.
- Supervises and timely preparations of monthly expenditure statements in order to monitor levels of expenditure.
- Supervises and undertakes timely recoveries of loans and advances in order to facilitate repayments.
- Supervises timely preparations of financial reports in order to facilitate decision making.
- Supervises timely development of individual and unit work plan in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Supervises effectively the human and other resources in order to attain the objectives of the Authority.
Qualifications and Work Experience
a) Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate.
b) Bachelor of Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
c) Must have a minimum of three (03) years relevant post qualification professional experience.
d) Member to relevant Professional Body.
Skills and Other Attributes
a) Excellent writing and oral skills
b) Able to write comprehensive reports
c) Ability to work under pressure
d) Must be Computer literate
e) Interpersonal skills
Only candidates who meet the role specifications should apply by enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address given below not later than Friday 14th February, 2020, 17:00 hours. Please indicate on your application envelope the position being applied for e.g. Accountant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Admlnistrator
National Prosecution Authority
Plot BLX 29B, Independence Avenue
P.O Box 33970, Ridgeway
The NPA is an equal opportunity employer.