Zambia Civic Education Association
Zambia Civic Education Association (ZCEA) is a nongovernmental not for profit organisation that promotes and protects children’s rights through advocacy and civic education. It is an equal opportunity employer that places great value on hard work and reflective learning by all its employees.
The Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform all financial management functions, including: managing day to day accounting functions, regular cash verification, bank and balance sheets, account reconciliation, timely submission of financial reports to donors, board of directors and others.
- Develop chart of accounts according to different cooperating partners funding agreements.
- Prepare and facilitate ZCEA annual audits.
- Prepare management reports including comments on any major variances to budgets (variance analysis)
- Enhance, plan and implement internal financial and administrative procedure and systems in compliance to the generally accepted accounting principles compatible with the Zambian laws and funding agencies.
- Maintain organizational financial records.
- Maintain a comprehensive ZCEA assets register by safeguarding all movable and immovable properties and manage all financial resources for the organization.
- Maintain financial security by making sure all staff adhere to internal controls.
Required Qualifications and experience
- Minimum either a Bachelors Degree in Accountancy / CIMA Finalist/ ACCA Finalist
- A member of ZICA
- At least 5 years experience in financial management for international donor funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Experience with using Pastel Evolution Accounting Package.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested applicants should send only the CV with contacts of traceable references and a cover letter by Friday 17th April 2020 [email protected] No copies of certificates needed at this stage. Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.