Lancet Laboratories Zambia
ADMIN CLERK/RECEPTIONIST (CLIENT SERVICES)
LANCET LABORATORIES ZAMBIA
THE POSITIONS WILL BE BASED AT THE NDOLA LABORATORY
Key Competency Requirements:
- Grade 12
- 0 – 1 Relevant Working Experience
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to communicate and have telephone etiquette
- Must be customer oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Attention to details and Maintain Confidentiality
- Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritized channeling of specimens to various laboratories/sites.
- Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
- Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
- Responsible to track progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
- Investigates bottleneck in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensure timely resolution of challenges.
- Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
- Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
- Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
- Management of the reception area and give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
- Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy.
- Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as set standard operating procedures.
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management.
Interested persons to please send your CV, copy of Identity document, copies of qualifications should be emailed to
Closing date is 4 th September 2020. No late applications will be entertained. Candidates must avail themselves for background checks. Should you not receive any communication by 20 th September 2020 please consider your application unsuccessful.