Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit for the following positions of:
Position title : Administration and Event Planning Manager (1 position)
Reporting : Operations Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Operations Director to develop project policies and operating procedures; disseminate and train staff on proper implementation of these policies and procedures;
- Support field teams to ensure they have administrative resources required to properly conduct their duties;
- Supervise fleet division to ensure vehicles are well-maintained and transport resources are allocated as necessary to complete project activities;
- Train staff in procedures and inform them of all changes;
- Monitor the inventory of project equipment; record, update and regularly check inventory database is up to date including location of equipment;
- Put in place and manage an office filing system allowing easy access to contractually required reports, as well as any other reports required by Chemonics, the government of Zambia, or USAID;
- Liaise with Chemonics’ home office and ensure the filing, archiving, and digital uploading of all relevant administrative and contractual documentation;
- Take main responsibility for managing the physical office space, ensuring that there are functioning systems for office communications supplies, office administration and staff travel.
- Work with the client to identify their event planning needs, plan the program, consolidate attendants list and get stakeholders buy-in;
- Collect requirements and overall budget available for services including communication material, decor, catering, entertainment, equipment hire and venues and establish detailed specifications for the procurement team;
- Coordinate external service providers to ensure the smooth running of events;
- Work with the procurement team to ensure timely delivery/provision of all material and services;
- Coordinate security issues with the Home Office, donor and the Field Office;
- Supervise the identification, selection, recruitment, training, and orientation of all project support staff required for the implementation of all project activities;
- Supervise the project support staff and perform their annual evaluations;
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director and Country Director.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field required;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administrative work and events planning;
- Prior experience with USAID projects preferred;
- Experience in managing administrative work in a large office highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in written and oral English;
- Analytical skills with problem-solving aptitude;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Location of assignment: Lusaka, Zambia
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to [email protected] by 17pm on Wednesday October 21, 2020. Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]