Nanga Farms Ltd
Nanga Farms Ltd is a large irrigated sugarcane estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager the purpose of the job is to manage the operation and maintenance of all vehicles, plant, equipment, irrigation and electrical infrastructure, field structures and office and housing units. The position will manage approximately 100 employees split into teams for the various areas of responsibility.
- Maintenance and operation of a fleet of vehicles, tractors and agricultural equipment
- Maintenance of irrigation & bulk water supply infrastructure and infield irrigation systems
- Maintenance of electrical infrastructure for irrigation and domestic i nstallations
- Maintenance of office and housing units
- Maintenance od road network throughout the farm
- Ordering of spare parts and control of relevant stocks
- Management of a multidisciplinary team of employees
- Formulation of annual Capital and Operating budgets for the section and control of costs
- Provision of routine and ad hoc reports
- Management of Safety, Health and Environmental matters in areas or control
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree (preferably) OR Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Degree – Minimum 5 years of management experience, preferably on an agricultural operation OR
- Diploma – Minimum 10 years of management experience, preferably on an agricultural operation
- Good technical, organization and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity.
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong managerial ability
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 25th April 2020, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number and email address to:
The General Manager, Nanga Farms Ltd, P.O. Box 670079, Mazabuka.
Email address; +260 21 3235340 or +260 97 8772211