SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar products and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda and Kenya. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 49 branches throughout Uganda, 12 more branches in Kenya, and employs over 800 people. Our company aims to be client centric and a leading brand. In sales, we transform the lives of satisfied clients with motivated professional staff. We target the right persons, with the right product, at the right place with the right message. Our message follows our economic and inspirational brand personality: make money and power your life!
Recently SolarNow has included agricultural equipment under their agricultural product range, such as solar irrigation cooling solutions.
Job Summary: You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You are a sales and marketing champion with a proven track record in advising technical solutions to farmers. You love enabling the society around you by providing services and products that have an impact in the agricultural sector. You are a self-starter, can work with minimal supervision. You do not compromise on quality and expect the very best of yourself and others around you. You are creative and are able to ask the right questions, leading to deep understanding of SolarNow’s potential clients.
The Agricultural Sales Engineer (ASE) is responsible for designing, selling, and installing SolarNow’s agricultural product line, specifically the larger, more complex systems, such as large water pump solutions, drip irrigation solutions, and cooling solutions. Furthermore, the ASE is responsible for supporting branches in achieving their Agri-sales targets through branch trainings, and on the job training of Agri-product site surveys and installations. The ASE will guide Branch Managers in implementing innovative Agri marketing and sales strategies in their respective branch areas. The ASE is responsible for realizing Agri sales targets in line with SolarNow’s growth strategy. Furthermore, the ASE shall track client satisfaction and build strong partnerships with key players in the agricultural sector to boost the promotion and sales of the agricultural products and services.
In summary, the Agri-Sales Engineer will ensure that:
- Sales and productivity targets are hit consistently within his/her territory
- New Agri-partnerships are developed within his/her territory
- Agricultural client’s satisfaction targets are achieved through the delivery of high quality irrigation solutions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying potential agri-market segments for SolarNow branch areas
- Execute innovative marketing strategies for SolarNow’s agri-product range
- Support branch managers in implementing the marketing strategies for the agri-product range
- Technical advice to SolarNow clients and quality assurance on agri-products
- Piloting and roll out of new agri-products within SolarNow’s branch network.
- Ensure the productivity targets are met through executing in a timely matter the sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensure that client satisfaction at every touch point of the Customer Journey is high in order to obtain more referrals.
- Agri-marketing strategy is developed
- Quarterly agri-marketing activities are carried out for each branch
- Branches receive a monthly agri-support visit
- Overall SolarNow agri-sales targets are achieved
- 3 agri-partnerships are achieved on a yearly base
- At least 1 monthly large-scale irrigation solution is sold and implemented
- Monthly credit collection assessments
- Yearly client satisfaction assessments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Solarnow job must hold a Bachelor or Master Degree in: Agricultural mechanization, Irrigation, Engineering, or similar field preferably from Busitema University
- Up to 3 years’ experience in designing, selling and installing agricultural equipment solutions, specifically irrigation solutions.
- In-depth understanding of the agricultural sector in Uganda
- Wide network in the agricultural sector
- Competence in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Competence in design software application
- A passion for agriculture and technology
- Ability to train and coach SolarNow staff and agri-clients.
- Independent and self-driven
- People manager and excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications, updated CVs, three references and one passport photo addressed to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail to [email protected] Please use the following subject: Application for Position Title – “Your Name”.
NB: SolarNow will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate haven been found.