Sebafoods (Z) Limited
Taste the good Life
Part of 260 Brands Africa, Seba Foods (Z) Ltd is an African consumer goods manufacturer based in Zambia.
We provide ‘value-for-money’ products that consumers can trust and feel good about. The company`s products have become household names in Zambia, priding themselves in very high-quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness, Emilios and Instant Thobwa.
We manufacture, market and distribute reasonably priced consumer products inspired by local tastes, made from the best African raw ingredients that contribute to our consumer’s well-being.
Our local brands that are trusted and loved by our consumers are the most valuable asset we have. Our products must always be high-quality and a source wellness and pride.
We empower local farmers and small businesses by locally sourcing inputs and materials whenever we can.
We believe in creating mutually beneficial relationships. If we prosper, so should our consumers, employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
Sales Representatives shall report directly to Country – Sales & Marketing Manager, and Manger logistics. The Area Sales and Marketing Representatives (SR) will be responsible for marketing and selling company products as well generating leads and meeting sales goals.
- To market and sale all company products in the designated Area market.
- To maintain contact with all clients in the area and ensure high level of client satisfaction and retention
- To always identify new sales lead and grow the business.
- To maintain an updated marketing information database.
- Prepare daily Sales Reports.
- Conduct daily Sales Reconciliations.
- Ensure targets set by management are met all the times and without fail
- To ensure all orders received from customers and fulfilled on time.
- To ensure all products are available and visible on the market.
- To attend sales meetings as and when required by management and participate in such meetings with reports based on market coverage.
- To provide daily market reports and other reports management may require.
- To participate in all sales activities required by management .i.e. sampling activities promotions, and use of information Technology to carry out sales.
- To carry out duties related to sales such as placement and handling out of point of Sale materials (POSM) as required by management.
- To provide market intelligence, information and all ethical information that may be needed by the organization.
- When required, a Sales Representative will conduct banking of company funds and this must be banked with supporting documents.
- Co-ordinate the Van and Tricycle Riders assigned to each Area Sales Rep
- Responsible for mapping of the assigned routes
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry.
- Education Level: Grade 12 certificates
- Qualifications: , Certificates/Diploma – Sales and Marketing
- Good Command in English Language, Nyanja and Bemba
- Strong Communications and Negotiation
- Abilities: proven ability to study Market Trends and increase Market Share will be an added advantage
- Personality: Self-motivated, Aggressive in Sales and Marketing activities
Competence: ICT literacy
Solving Problems and Getting Results
- Accept responsibility for resolving a problem to its final conclusion
- Assist in the achievement and the on-going improvement of business results
- Show dissatisfaction with poor performance and drive processes to achieve business goals
- Strive to achieve agreed deadlines and standards, especially when the going gets tough or the anticipated situation changes
- Apply a systematic problem-solving approach to identify causes, explore alternatives and recommend the best course of action to resolve the problem now and into the future
- Remain up to date in your area of specialty or expertise
- Apply a body of knowledge and experience to current business situations in order to add value and improve business efficiencies and profitability
- Apply technical or specialist expertise and experience for the benefit of the organisation and consider the context in which these are applied
- Ensure that your functional expertise supports that of other experts, rather than being in competition with them (e.g. colleagues)
- Persuade or negotiate with others by relying on technical or specialist knowledge and experience;
- Present documented material or proposals in a credible and professional manner
- Share the technical implications of a situation with non-specialists, or explain it to them
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Speak English clearly and confidently i.e. must be articulate;
- Listen actively to fully understand the other person’s view or perspective;
- Tailor feedback to the specific needs and communication styles of others;
- Prepare effective presentations and where required, concisely present/communicate a complete and accurate picture of the current situation or of the company’s products and services;
- Develop and maintain two-way communication with a variety of people at different levels both within and outside the organisation;
- Suggest proposals to address vital concerns and important business issues; and
- Build a network of relevant role-players both within and outside the organization.
- Influence others to achieve the organisation’s human resources mission and goals;
- Organise the work and allocate roles and responsibilities to self and staff members;
- Provide ongoing direction to individuals/teams in terms of roles, goal setting and performance standards;
- Coach and assign/delegate tasks to develop the capabilities of others and find satisfaction in knowing the impact made on an individual’s work and career;
- Lead from a position of influence, not merely authority;
- Create and reinforce a culture of teamwork and cooperation amongst all stakeholders;
- Create a climate of sustainable motivation at work that empowers people to want to do their best;
- Provide the information and other resources needed for staff to perform their tasks well;
- Communicate results achieved on a regular basis, and realign focus and standards when needed;
- Complete face-to-face staff evaluations and written appraisals where appropriate;
- Resolve conflict between and among employees constructively and fairly;
- Manage poor performance decisively and in good time;
- Implement disciplinary procedures where necessary ensuring alignment with organisational policies & governing labour legislation.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]