John Snow Inc.
John Snow; Inc. (BD seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project .in Zambia. The five-year project which will .be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic. Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, COpperbeit, and ‘North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work With the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive. adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Scope of Work
Position Title: ART Specialist/Clinician
Position Type: Fixed Term
Location: North western Province
The USAID/PEPFAR, SAFE Project works closely with GRZ health facilities to provide HIV/AIDS services in Central. Copperbelt and North-western Provinces. The project now seeks the services of experienced, qualified and energetic health professionals to fill the position of ART providers/facility-based clinicians who will be based in the districts across the Province This position will report to the SAFE Provincial Director of Clinical Services and staff at the facility of placement (duty station).-
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide the cordplete range of services to ART clients on a daily basis;
- Initiate new clients on to treatment using the most recent treatment guidelines from MOH;
- Ensure that ART clients have their laboratory investigations and receive their results as per
- Follow up with the Laboratory on outstanding results;
- Inform SAFE/Facility about any signs of drug resistance that you observe
- Work with treatment adherence supporters to ensure that all patients are retained on treatment and that they get positive outcomes from treatment;
- Refer clients who are not ART adherent to treatment adherence supporters for counselling and to develop adherence plan including parents struggling with paediatric adherence.
- Work with distric.-.t and SAFE Project nutritionists to provide all clients with a Nutrition
Assessment and Counselling service
- Work with the M&E unit and project Data Entry Clerks (DEK’s) to compile trends related to.
the UNAIDS strategy of 90-90-90;
- Work with M+E unit to observe and document trends related to viral load results for each client and per facility and report cases of high VL through relevant channels;
- Establish a system for daily data review on key indicators which includes reporting anomalies or data spikes to supervisor_ Develop responsive action plan where appropriate;
- Attend facility and district led meetings on ART particularly those involving SAFE supported
- Conduct consultative facility level meetings with the aim of sharing and reviewing data and
making action plans;
- Establish communication pattern with the TB department to make bidirectional referrals and to rule out co-morbidity of HIV and TB;
- Provide on-site mentorship to facility staff on new developments in ART;
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports as well as participate in DQA activities;
- Work closely with and supervise community volunteers to ensure that they are maximizing time, attending to duties and following and supporting clients, which includes the indexing of newly HIV diagnosed clients, following-up with pre-ART clients who need initiation and active tracking of defaulters.
- Any other duty assigned by SAFE Senior staff
John Snow, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employthent opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, -race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. MIF/VID
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]