LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMU)
The LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMIJ) is a privately owned University, registered by the Ministry of Higher Education under the Higher Education Authority ACT No. 4 of 2013 to provide Higher Education in Medical Education. LAMU is regulated by the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), General Nursing Council (GNC), Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). Lusaka Apex Medical University is therefore looking for a mature, proactive, highly motivated and result oriented Zambian with high degree of credibility to fill the position of:
ASSISTANT DEAN- STUDENT AFFAIRS.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the planning, administration, coordination of student affairs as well as counseling of students in line with University regulation and calendar and also undertaking student’s sports disciplines and secretarial services of various boards and committees for the University as delegated by the Dean of Students.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Prepares and reviews work manuals and procedures and participates in preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
- Oversees counseling of students with academic, career guidance, psychosocial and health concerns by determining types of assistance required to counselled students.
- Facilitates planning of sports, students’ residences/recreation and extra curriculum activities for students.
- Offers guidance to the student Union leadership and student clubs/Association/Societies in order to maintain harmony in the campus.
- Serves as Secretary to the student Board of Discipline and attends meetings of various boards.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, team building, professionalism, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and solve multiple problem solving.
- Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in Education, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Five (O) Levels including Mathematics and English ICT literate.
- Experience in Sport discipline
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in a training institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting the above qualifications submit their applications including:
Curriculum vitae, Certified copies of relevant professional and academic certificates, three traceable referees and candidate’s personal contact day time details, including phone numbers.
Application letters must be clearly marked the position you are applying for.
The Human Resource Manager
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Off Kasama Road
P. O. BOX 31909
E-mail: [email protected]
Hard copy applications can be deposited at LAMU – Chalala Main Campus.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th March 2020.