Overall Job Purpose
To provide support and ensure that the company complies with its tax obligations and review processes of exports/imports, customs declarations & payments.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Timely collection of data requested during audits, tax reviews
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly tax returns (e.g. Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax) and payments
- Ensure all records and documents are up to date and properly filed
- Frequently liaise with clearing agents/logistics team to ensure that the company’s customs declarations are correct and all necessary payments are made on time
- Reconcile customs declarations made, relevant accounts and payments ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Ensure all documentation submitted by the clearing agents and logistics team relating to exports and imports in support of various declarations made are complete, on record, and agree to our tax submissions
- Provide support during customs focused audits and reviews
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Tax Accountant
Job Specific Competencies
- Must be computer literate with a good command of Excel
- Accounting skills
- Basic Record Management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Understanding of Zambian Tax Legislation
Experience And Qualification Required To Do The Job
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Degree/Diploma in Business or Accounting related field/ Recognized Professional Accounting Certification at Intermediate Level
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding services or industry
- Experience in clearing (handling customs duty) for a mining company is an added advantage.
- Conversant with the Zambia Revenue Authority system such as Asycuda World would be an added advantage
- To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.