Highland Group Holdings is the sole project sponsor for the development, construction and operation of two methane gas-to-power infrastructure plants in Rwanda.
Both projects (as “Shema Power”), using identical technology and closely located on Lake Kivu in northwest Rwanda, benefit from sound financial backing and hands-on investor support. On full commissioning they will together generate over 100 MW.
Project 1 has a signed Power Purchase Agreement and Concession in place and commenced its construction works six months ago. Project 2’s own construction phase is planned to commence next year.
We are now looking to recruit a senior and experienced banking advisor, acting in a consulting capacity, to work closely with the management and investor teams to raise significant project construction finance.
Essential requirement of the role:
The successful candidate MUST come from a project finance lending or related advisory background (ideally with energy experience) and be currently based and working in South or East Africa.
The ideal candidate:
1. Has accumulated an outstanding track record working for several years across the African continent on a variety of infrastructure project financings, and this should include some transactions completed within the energy sector.
2. Holds some senior relationships across the African project banking community
3. Fully understands current market trends in the infrastructure lending market
4. Is confident to take a lead role (with team support) on the complete financing process, from initial approaches to potential funders through negotiation of terms through to execution of the transaction
5. Has strong financial analysis skills and understands relevant financial models (the projects’ financial modelling itself is managed by an existing team member)
6. Has detailed knowledge and experience of the due diligence process
7. Has a good understanding of the infrastructure project life cycle along with the key factors driving the delivery of an energy plant
8. Can develop and manage relationships with other project advisors and stakeholders
9. Has a can-do and confidant approach to a transaction and is comfortable working as part of a small team
10. A willingness to travel to attend all necessary meetings during the process
This role is offered initially on a part-time consulting basis though by its very nature will require some degree of flexibility on time commitment as the financing process progresses.
Attractive day rate to be negotiated.
This is a great opportunity to take a lead role in a significant financial process for two unique energy projects.
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020