Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental, not for profit Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI/Unplanned Pregnancy/Gender Based Violence prevention, provision of Sexual Reproductive Health services, and Social and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
In its quest to continue providing services and increase coverage, ZHECT will be recruiting to fill the following vacancies:
BEHAVIOUR CHANGE OFFICER.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing of community social mobilization and communication activities in designated catchment areas to increase uptake of quality biomedical and social behavior change services among key and priority populations. S/he will serve a critical role in the implementation of social mobilization program; working closely with the Peer Promoters and other community volunteers to ensure service uptake is increased.
The candidate should have either a diploma in project management or a diploma in Marketing or training in Social Behaviour Change Communications with at least 5 years’ experience working with priority and key/high risk populations. Members of the Key and Priority Population communities are encouraged to apply.
- Mobilizing of Key/Priority Populations and their clients/partners through provision of accurate and factual information on STIs, Family Planning and HIV transmission and other related topics.
- Mobilizing Key/Priority Populations for HIV Testing and Counseling (TC) as well as STI screening and treatment.
- Providing post-test support to Key/Priority Populations and their clients/partners to ensure positive desired healthy seeking behaviors are sustained/adhered to.
- Facilitating referrals and conducting follow-up activities of the Key/Priority. Populations for STI screening and treatment; ensuring they receive services they are referred for.
- Facilitating the opening and operationalization of condom outlets.
- Distributing condoms, lubricants and Information Education and Communication Materials to Key/Priority Populations in catchment areas.
- Planning and mapping areas for Key/Priority populations within catchment areas in consultation with Neighbourhood Health Committee and the District Coordinator.
- Conduct behaviour risky and vulnerability assessments on all clients who turn up for services and ensure they are counselled and managed /or referred appropriately to other relevant service providers where necessary to ensure risky behaviours are minimized considerably
- Writing monthly summary reports of the activities performed and to be performed and submit to the District Coordinator.
Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in project management, a diploma in marketing with a certificate in HIV counselling or training in Social Behaviour Change Communications.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with priority and key/high risk populations. Members of the Key and Priority Population communities are encouraged to apply.
- Devoted and Respectful
- Good interpersonal communication
- Community mobilizer
- Possess good writing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please email application, CV, and supporting academic qualifications to: [email protected] or send to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka – Clearly indicate the position applied for. Closing Date: 30th October, 2020.
Only applicants, who meet the requirements of the listed vacancies will be contacted.