Mary Begg Health Services
MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION: BIO MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (1)
LOCATION: MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES – SOLWEZI KMH
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Biomedical Technician will ensure that medical equipment and systems used in patient care are operational, safe, and properly configured and used to meet our healthcare standards. They will need to continually educate and train equipment users so that the equipment is used and maintained effectively.
He / She will be expected to prepare and execute on a preventive maintenance schedule, which includes setting the appropriate stock holding levels for essential spares, for all equipment to limit medical equipment being non-operational or dangerous to patient care. They will collaborate with manufacturers and suppliers to guarantee that their knowledge is up to date, troubleshoot and resolve problems expediently.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Equipment Control & Asset Management
- Equipment Inventories
- Equipment Maintenance Management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Quality Assurance
- Support in the acquisition of new medical equipment
- Installation of new equipment
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Hospital Safety Programs
- Radiation Safety
- Medical Gas Systems
- In-Service Education & Training
- Accident Investigation
- Regular reporting
- Analysis of Failures, Root Causes, and Human Factors
- Ensure that MBHS policies and procedures, and local regulations relating to job function are adhered to at all times.
- Be responsible for organization, prioritization and planning of your own maintenance schedule. Be prompt with maintenance times.
- Ensure the safety of equipment used for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring.
- To ensure medical equipment functions effectively and safely.
- To ensure medical equipment in the clinical environment is available and appropriate to the needs of the clinical service.
- To ensure medical equipment and its management represents value for patient benefit
- Investigate medical equipment failures and provide advice about the purchase and installation of new equipment.
- Develop and evaluate quantitative models of biological processes and systems
- Comply with all national legal regulations.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required from the Chief Medical Officer and/or hospital/clinic manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Must have a Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
- Strong Communication, Interpersonal & Influential Skill
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in local languages relevant to the local community
- High degree of IT literacy
- 2-3 years of work experience
HOW TO APPLY
State the position in the subject line of the email. Only detailed Curriculum Vitae should be sent (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview).
Closing date: 21 July 2020.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted
To apply please visit marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.