To steer the Branch into high level performance by proper supervision and maintenance of a healthy portfolio through adherence to laid down policies and procedures.
- Responsible for promotion and marketing of CGL products and services in the area of operation.
- Responsible for supervision of CGL activities in the Branch to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the branch by planning branch activities.
- Conduct weekly or biweekly meeting with all branch staff and ensure they are well updated on all company issues
- Responsible for supervision of the branch staff
- Stimulate branch growth through recruitment of new clients
- Determine portfolio levels and areas of operation within existing policy framework
- Responsible for loan appraisals and recommendations as per policy
- Ensure safe custody of branch assets
- Ensure staff members in the branch are well acquainted, and adhere to the company policies and procedures
- Organize and facilitate business and loan management training for new and existing clients
- Maintain high quality portfolio by ensuring on time payments of loans and being zero tolerant to arrears
- Monitor loan approvals and the loan status of the branch, i.e. disbursements, repayments and appraisals
- Take overall responsibility for branch operations
- Responsible for preparation and submission of daily, weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to management.
- Responsible for a Performance Management through appraisals, motivation and development of all branch staff as well as recommending their confirmation and training needs.
- Ensure all data is properly keyed into the system on time
- Train and supervise Field officers. Ensure proper time management for Field staff i.e. &70%-Field activity and 30% Office work
- Perform any other function as may be directed by management from time to time.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant studies from a reputable University.
- Experience of 3 years in a credit position or Business Development especially in a MFI environment and mainly dealing with group dynamics.
- Initiative, high integrity and dependability.
- Excellent public relations, interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- Knowledge in handling customers
- Experience in a financial sector will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computers
- Knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance
- Good sales and marketing skills
The vacancies are available at Thika, Ongata Rongai, Kitengela, Machakos, Bomet, Kericho, Nakuru, Nanyuki, Molo, Kapsabet, Narok, Bungoma, Busia, Mumias, Vihiga, Kakamega and Kitale.
If you are confident that you meet the selection criteria, kindly send your detailed CV to
Kindly also indicate your preferred location.