IPAR Consult Ltd is a registered business arm of IPAR-Rwanda. Established to complement IPAR-Rwanda’s resource mobilization strategy, IPAR Consult Ltd will operate as a profit-making entity and will be guided by the company law. The company is expected to provide the following services among others:
- Research and Policy Analysis
- Policy and Strategy design
- Impact assessment
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Capacity building in research, policy analysis, and design
- Management Consulting (Strategic Planning Consultancy)
- Data Collection
- Advisory services
1.The Vision of IPAR-Consult
To become an internationally recognized consulting firm in economic policy research and analysis
2. Objectives of IPAR-Consult
- Contribute towards the sustainability of IPAR Rwanda;
- Effectively compete for commercial research projects in the Rwanda market; and
- Enhance IPAR compliance with tax laws on business activities
3.Duties and Responsibilities of the Business Development Researcher.
The Business Development Researcher will apply his expertise in research and leadership to help the Executive Director drive the IPAR objectives of IPAR Consult. He will support the organization to gain domestic and international recognition for its achievements. He will transfer his valuable and diverse skills set to the growing IPAR Consult. A strong professional role-model for the team, the Business Development Researcher will lead by example, delivering and coordinating high impact, international standard research projects and offering training, coaching and mentoring to the research team where applicable.
a.Objectives of the Business Development Researcher role
- To provide intellectual leadership to the organization alongside IPAR Consult’s Managing Director, and to ensure IPAR Consult’s research and business output is quality, timely, relevant and high impact
- To design, lead and deliver research and project proposal programs, consultancy assignments projects to contribute to meeting IPAR Consult’s core objectives.
- To provide leadership in IPAR Consult Project proposal t management: and developing sustainable means to ensure that IPAR Consult’s Project proposals quality is assured, submitted to rigorous deadlines and that budgets are properly designed and managed
- To develop funding proposals and drive the organization’s ability to access new and diverse funding sources
- To contribute to building the public profile of the organization by creating opportunities to participate in various forms of dialogue with public, not-for-profit, private and donor stakeholders and by public speaking and contributing to print and broadcast media.
The Business Development Researcher will be responsible for the delivery of the following:
- Timely and quality Project proposals that Contribute towards financial sustainability of IPAR Rwanda
- Detailed strategy to effectively compete for commercial research projects in the Rwanda market and outside Rwanda
- Quarterly work plan and budget in relation to project proposals and consultancy assignments.
- Quarterly departmental reports on the status of the project proposal and consultancy assignments.
- Any other task that may be to him by the IPAR Consult Managing Director.
c.Profile of the Business Development Researcher
- Highly motivated research professional with at least 10 years relevant experience, active in consultancy and Project proposals
- Ph.D. in Economics, Political science, social science, and any other relevant fields from a top-tier university.
- Record of high-quality project proposals and consultancy assignments.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the ability and willingness to transfer those skills to others
- Strong and demonstrable project management administration and budget management skills and the willingness to transfer those skills to others
- Leadership track record with experience of managing people, mentoring and skills transfer within a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Experience of developing working partnerships with similar bodies locally, regionally and internationally
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda.
- Highly numerate, with strong skills in macro-economic and statistical analysis, with expertise in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
APPLY / HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV to [email protected], and c.c: [email protected] by 10th April 2020 at 5 pm. Should you have any further questions please send an e-mail to the above e-mails address with “Business Development Researcher” in the subject line. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.