Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU)
LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
In pursuance of its Corporate Succession policy, the Lusaka Apex Medical University Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Deputy Vice Chancellor. The University Council intends to appoint a Deputy Vice Chancellor whose appointment shall take effect from 1st January 2020.
LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMU).
The LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY LIMITED (LAMU) was incorporated as a Private company under the Companies ACT CAP. 388 of the Laws of Zambia in June 2008 and was operational from October 2010. Following the coming into effect of the Higher Education ACT No. 4, the proprietor of the University established the University Council in line with the requirement of the of 2013. The Council is responsible for the governance, control and administration of the University.
The University is situated in the Capital City of Lusaka, Zambia and is academically organized into five (5) Campuses to date. The University has grown from 17 students in 2010 to over 6,000 students in 2019, and runs 14 medical programmes, with a current workforce standing at 400.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To guide and monitor the overall workflow of the Company, manage operations of the Company from a high level perspective in line with Strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To direct development and implementation of effective strategic plans, policies and operating guidelines.
- To review the performance of the Company’s infrastructure and advise the Board on major activities for increased capacity and efficiency.
- To establish and execute major goals and business objectives as directed by the Board of Directors.
- To direct the establishment, implementation and control of financial policy, systems and procedures.
- To over-see establishment of sound human resource policies, systems and procedures.
- To develop and implement performance improvement strategies in order to raise and sustain Company’s profitability and viability.
- To prepare and present Management and Adhoc Reports to the Board of
- Directors and Shareholders on the performance of the Company, the University and its other associated entities.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, team building, interpersonal, writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to verify Company budgets, monitor expenditure and provide financial controls.
- Proven computer skills to maintain and analyse operational statistics of the, financial performance statistics etc;
- Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business administration related program or equivalent.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Member to relevant Regulatory Body.
- 10 or more years’ experience in a related field preferably in a higher learning institution with at least five years in Senior Management and leadership positions.
TENAURE OF OFFICE:
Three years contract, renewable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance.
Persons who may be interested in this position should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, including names of at least three (3) referees with their contact details, and the applicant’s photocopies of relevant certificates and any other supporting documents, to:
The Council Chairperson
Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU)
Plot 126811M, Hill View, Off Kasama Road- Libala South
P. O. BOX 31909
Lusaka – ZAMBIA.
Hard copy applications can either be posted or deposited at LAMU, Chalala Main Campus, Kasama Road, Libala South, Lusaka
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th December 2019.