Applications are invited from qualified applicants for appointment as clinical coordinators or clinical data monitor at the Malaria Research Centre, Agogo
Clinical Coordinator (Safety Evaluation) – 2 positions
- Join a collaborative and inclusive team of academic and research experts to evaluate the pilot implementation of the new malaria vaccine (RTS,S)
- An opportunity for a self-driven public health physician or a pediatrician to enhance their career, develop strong data management skills, coordinate and participate in the sentinel hospital surveillance of the malaria vaccine pilot evaluation in Ghana, and work with national and international experts in malaria research
- Work with the management, Paediatric and Laboratory staff of eight sentinel hospitals spread across five regions of Ghana (Bono, Ahafo, Central, Volta and Oti)
- Required to support clinical services for a minimum of 2 two weeks in each sentinel site x This position requires immediate start (short delay is negotiable)
About the team
The successful applicant will join a team employed through the Malaria Research Centre (MRC), Agogo which is part of the Consortium Evaluating Mosquirix in Ghana. The MRC brings together the strength of researchers to conduct clinical and public health research in Ghana.
This role will be embedded with work being done by clinical and laboratory monitors, and clinical coordinators as part of the sentinel hospital surveillance of the evaluation. This will involve daily review of admission diagnosis of children under five particularly, for malaria and meningitis, and feedback, perform lumber puncture if needed, train staff, coordinate and undertake monitoring visits to sentinel hospitals.
The applicant will report to the safety Principal Investigator.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following:
- Relevant degree (MD, MBCHB). Additional qualification in Public Health or specialist training in paediatrics will be advantageous
- Experience in coordination and conducting research involving children and ability to design monitoring plans and protocols
- Writing and reporting skills x Ability to travel to all eight sentinel hospitals on agreed schedule x Excellent interpersonal and communication skills x Should be able to work for a minimum of two months before resignation if necessary Clinical data monitor- 1 position
For appointment as clinical data monitor, the applicant must have same qualifications and responsibilities as the clinical coordinator above but with limited onsite clinical responsibilities and travel for monitoring.
Salary and condition of service are attractive
Eligible applicants should submit hard copies of the following documents to the address below:
- Cover letter stating the position applying for
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Confirmation of renewal of Medical and Dental Council Registration
- Name and address of two referees (One of them should be able to report on your professional or academic competence)
Successful applicant Will start work from 28th April 2020 Applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
The Safety Principal Investigator
Malaria Research Centre, Agogo
P. O. Box 27 Agogo, Asante Akyem,