MaryBegg Health Services
MARYBEGG HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION: Clinical Officer (1)
LOCATION: Solwezi_Satelite Clinic
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Our Clinical Officers are responsible for the delivery of a high standard of medical care together with excellent customer service at the health facility. Clinical Officers rotate between outpatient and emergency services. They work closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to provide comprehensive health care services for patients and their families.
Our Clinical Officers carry out their duties consistently, ethically and in line with international standards and evidence based medical practices.
- Actively participates in the efficient provision of the Medical Services at the Clinic by adhering to international best practice guidelines
- Treat patients according to Standard Treatment Guidelines (MBHS guidelines, Zambia National treatment guidelines, WHO treatment guidelines)
- To use the ICD 10 Coding on all patient consultation visit.
- Ensure Patient Care and Management as detailed below:
- Follow up patient consistently and ensure appropriate investigations
- Documentation of history taking and physical examination on patients
- Prescribe correct treatment to patients
- Record all cases seen daily on tally sheet
- Refer clients whenever need arises
- Counsel clients on and compliance to treatment in outpatient/inpatient department
- Order investigations on patients/clients where necessary
- Give health education talks to clients
- Able to work with other clinicians to ensure comprehensive patient care
- Recognises patient’s rights in offering medical services
- Ability to offer support to other staff members in order to bring about efficiency in service delivery
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changes that may come in the field of clinical practice.
- Keeping up to date with latest developments in clinical practice
- Exhibits professional conduct at all times towards patients/clients and staff members
- Not to engage in personal confrontation with patients but seeks better ways of resolving grievances by engaging right people to sort out any grievances
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Clinical General Sciences
- Must be registered and licenced with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
- Experience in emergency medicine is an advantage.
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, Go to: www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs and attached your detailed Curriculum Vitae. Closing date: 20th April 2020.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job please visit www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.