Zambia Centre for Communications Programme (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-medla communications organization, which uses he power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population on social and behaviour change. ZCCP uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
ZCCP is implementing the USAID Stop Gender Based Violence (GBV) project which is aimed at strengthening the environment for target population (girls and women, boys and men, and members of key/priority populations) including people living with disabilities , to live lives free of GBV and enjoy healthy-supportive, gender-equitable relationships.
ZCCP is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Communication Coordinator- (1)
Station: National Office (Lusaka)
Reporting lines: Deputy ChiefofPa rty
The Communication Coordinator plays a significant role in delivering high-quality, high-impact communications for the USAID Stop GBV Project in line with our strategy and tailored to our key target audiences. Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the Communication Coordinator will have primary responsibility for managing and executing the communications strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on implementing the communications strategy, including the translation of large strategic goals into actionable, measurable work-plans.
- Ensure compliance with all contract requirements (including branding and marking).
- Proactively seek out interesting stories from programs initiating and accompanying field visits to collect high quality photos and possibly audio video material suitable for use.
- Develop communication Inaterials and products to support project activities including the development ofproject briefs and fact sheets.
- Create media contents which include brochures, anicles and blog posts related to USAID Stop GBV project and regularly update ZCCP website and its social media.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communication and visibility plan in line with intemal and donor guidelines.
- Lead the high quality and timely writing and submission of donor and internal reports in collaboration with the relevant project teams.
- Coordinate all media programs (print, TV, radio, web etc) of the organization.
- Lead on drafting and editing articles, press releases. human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Identify gaps and provide capacity building training to project staff on quality reporting and comm unication.
- Develop, maintain and manage relations with extemal audiences, media as well as non-media to convey required message.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Full grade twelve certificate.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum of five years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Strong analytical, writing, communication and editing skills.
- Strong/advanced computer skills.
- Experience of working on a gender or USAID funded program is an added advantage.
Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
ZCCP is committed to the protection of children and adult project beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, incl uding signing ofthe Child Protection Policy.
Method of Application
Note: Only the CV and ZCCP Application form should be sent.
Closing date is 20th April, 2020.