Cardno Emerging Markets USA Ltd
LR Program aims to restore and improve the livelihoods of the people who have been displaced by the
activities of the Lusaka Water Supply, Sanitation, and Drainage Project that is expanding and upgrading the drainage and sewage systems in northern Lusaka. The program aims to provide these people with new skills and knowledge that will enable them to run viable businesses, which the aim to provide them and their families with a level of income that is better than when they were previously farming.
B. Objective of the assignment
The Communication Specialist will work in close collaboration with the training manager and the M and E specialist in planning, designing, implementing communication activities. S/he will draft information, content and/or products for PAPs. She will act as a main link between LRP and the communication specialist at MCAZ and seek approval for publicity and communications materials.
C. Specific tasks
- Create effective communication strategies for PAPs to understand LRP Program and activities.
- Design communication tools and package massages in a format that is easy to understand for PAPs.
- Translate education and communication materials in Nyanja and Bemba.
- Facilitate community mobilisation for meetings, training sessions and the business fair.
- Build relationships with influencers and key stakeholders in target communities.
- Serve as a facilitator and provide solutions for peaceful resolution of disputes.
- Facilitate linkages between PAPs and institutions that’s may help them in the line of business or livelihoods skills.
- Conduct regular visits to PAPs and ensure that they are implementing agreed programme and provide reports as required.
- Weekly and quarterly report.
D. Desired qualifications
The Communication Specialist is expected have:
- A university degree in Mass communication, Development studies, Social work or equivalent.
- Previous experience in community projects in improvement or financial inclusion.
- Ability to travel to field sites in Lusaka
- Fluency in Bemba and Nyanja (Verbal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous work on similar development projects/studies desirable
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiating
Interested applicants should submit a (i) letter of interest and (ii) CV by email to the Livelihood Restorations Consultancy services addressed to Mr. Emmanuel Mupeta ([email protected] ) by Tuesday 31st July 2018.