Zambart is a research institution known internationally for cutting edge applied and interdisciplinary research on urgent public health issues. Zambart’s mission is to provide evidence based research to influence policy. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling. Zambart’s head office is located at Ridgeway Campus, the University of Zambia.
Study Summary: The overall aim of the is study is to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic in Lesotho and Zambia by improving the COVID-19 trace-screen-test-isolate cascade through eHealth-supported community-based testing, utilization of rapid diagnostic tests and self-collection of swabs.
Staff Roles and Responsibilities
Community Health Workers (8)
- Conduct community mapping, household enumeration and door to door sensitization
- Conduct research activities at the community hubs according to study written procedures such as obtaining written consent from eligible participants, COVID19 screening, collecting orophangeal/nasophargeal swabs
- Conduct HIV preventive services such as HIV/TB testing, mental and emotional support
- Work hand in hand with the district office to conduct COVID19-screening and testing including follow-up of confirmed cases.
- Other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be a grade twelve (12) and at least 21 years and above
- Good social communication skills.
- Knowledge of TB/HIV research.
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capture device (tablet).
- Be registered with Counselling Council of Zambia.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language spoken in the target communities.
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends.
- Previous experience as a home-based care worker, TB treatment support worker Lay Counsellor or community health worker is beneficial.
- Resident in the catchment area an added advantage.
How to apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letters stating in the reference the position they are applying for, CV and certificates to [email protected], OR by post to The Human Resource Manager, Zambart House, UNZA Ridgeway Campus, Nationalist Road, P.O. Box 50697, Lusaka, Zambia
Closing Date: 31st January 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted