USAID Discover Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI implements the five-year USAID DISCOVER-Health project to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI is recruiting for the following position:
Position Title: Community Mobilisation Officer (1)
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Hub Manager
The Community Mobilization Officer implements USAID DISCOVER-Health hub-site and outreach site community mobilization activities and provides guidance and supervision to a team of DISCOVER-H engaged community health workers in promoting uptake of targeted health products/services including ART/TB, HTC, VMMC, MNCH, and sexual/ reproductive health related products/services. Reporting to the Hub Manager, the Community Mobilization Officer will work with traditional and other community leaders in building systems to facilitate sustained demand and utilization of USAID DISCOVER-H services/products in the designated locations.
- Effectively and efficiently engage community leaders and other gatekeepers to increase demand and utilization of DISCOVER-Health Project services and products;
- Foster USAID DISCOVER Health Project community strategies to implement mechanisms that will increase uptake and utilization of ART/TB services, HTC (including community based testing for children), VMMC, cervical cancer screening, and other sexual and reproductive health services, and socially marketed products;
- Design and implement mechanisms that will increase uptake and utilization of ART/TB services, HTC (including community based testing for children), VMMC, cervical cancer screening, and other sexual and reproductive health services, and socially marketed products;
- Develop, mentor, and coach USAID DISCOVER-Health community health workers
- Provide support supervisions to a cross section of USAID DISCOVER-Health community health workers.
- Establish networks and strategic partnerships to enable sustainable implementation of community-led health promotion activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma/certificate -Social work ,development studies, sociology, theology
- Diploma -Public health, nursing, education, or equivalent with at least three years’ experience
- Diploma in nursing, social work, Public Health with at least seven years’ experience; and
- Training in Psychosocial counselling is desirable
- Ability to absorb new information quickly and apply new skills with minimal supervision
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, team-oriented environment
- Ability to respond quickly to instruction as well as anticipate co-workers’ needs
- Empathetic, supportive, and professional approach to targeted clients
Please send a written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications: 16th October, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]