Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Supervise staff and clinic processes
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Community Health
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in a busy hospital.
- Registered as a Community Oral Health Officer with the regulatory body.
- Valid Practicing License.
- Must have a work permit and license to practice in Kenya if a foreigner from KMPD Board
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours when necessary
NB: AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Candidates are advised to indicate their current and expected salary in their application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled when a sutable candidate is matched with the job.
Candidates interested in this position should send a copy of resume to [email protected] indicating the position and expected salary on the subject.