Job & Candidate Requirements
- Maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the KML Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Supervisors to enable them to understand the critical issues affecting the planned maintenance and Backlog requirements across the Trucks Maintenance Workshop and other Equipment areas.
- Provide tactical and logistical support to the entire organization, track and support the mine production plans to balance the maintenance activities within the availability goals.
- Guide the Maintenance and Repair organization with updated performance/execution information, KPIs and management recommendations.
- Supports the continuous improvement processes and initiatives and lead the defect elimination processes across the department.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per the OEM recommendations and/or management through the standard KML Change management procedure any deviations to the OEM recommendations with a clearly defined engineering solution.
- Experience in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) audits and analysis.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining mobile equipment such as Komatsu Haul Trucks models HD1500, 860E, 960E, HD785-7 and Liebherr T284.
- Experience in budgeting process and cost controls for maintenance department.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right job as well as putting in place a succession plan for all positions
- Experience working with the Original Equipment Manufacturers (Komatsu / LIebherr) on site haul truck fleet in site leadership roles or with factory experience.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or significant field experience in Truck Maintenance, Planning and Reliability management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a mine maintenance role especially on Equipment mentioned above.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Conversant with electrical and mechanical side for Haul Trucks Komatsu and Liebherr.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and having driving experience for 12 months
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience on heavy mobile equipment.
- WHMS/Komtrax Experience
- MS-Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Knowledge of pronto
- Hydraulic and electrical circuit problem solving
- Good leadership skills
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self – motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.