Medici Land Governance
After successfully conducting a land titling pilot project in Lusaka Zambia, MLG has been engaged by Lusaka City Council to lead its land titling operations.
The Country Manager, Zambia will lead MLG’s efforts in Zambia, expanding upon MLG’s earlier titling project. The Country Manager must have substantial experience successfully managing businesses or other related operations in Africa, preferably working in the land and property rights sector. You should have strong leadership skills and be creative, analytical, and have cross-functional skills.
What You Will Do:
- Lead MLG’s titling and land administration programs in Zambia
- Cultivate and maintain a strong relationship with the Government of Zambia and other stakeholders
- Hold overall responsibility for the company’s management and operations
- Lead MLG’s Zambia staff and build an effective team that is motivated to deliver MLG’s products
- Recruit and hire additional staff in Zambia to support our growing operation
- Continuously monitor, grow and improve our operating activities
- Ensure we successfully deliver our products and services to satisfied customers
- Ensure seamless communication between Zambia and MLG Headquarters
What You Should Have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Management or another relevant field.
- Advanced degree highly desirable.
- 15+ years of business experience, preferably in land and property rights
- 10+ years of management experience over sizable teams, with multiple director level or above direct reports
- Proven ability to operate at an executive level
- Strong general management experience
- Proven track record of working with local and national governments
- Proven skills in written and oral communications for internal and external purposes as well as persuasive presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Experience working for an international company
- Commitment to promoting gender equality in MLG Zambia’s operations, activities, messaging, and services
- Willingness and ability to live and work in Lusaka Zambia for at least 3 to 5 years
What We Hope You Have:
- Experience in both startups and larger more mature companies
- Experience in international development and working in the region
- Experience with land titling and land administration systems
To apply for this job please visit overstock.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.