Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 2,000 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.2% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
CRANE OPERATOR (x1)
This position reports to the Rigging Foreman.
Core Purpose of the Position
To be responsible for operating a mobile crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To operate different types of mobile cranes according to verbal, written or signal instructions
- To be able to operate Fork lifts
- Ability to drive different types of vehicles
- Inspecting the crane to ensure its safety
- Cleaning and maintaining the crane hoisting mechanism
- Understanding and executing the job billing process
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Valid driver’s licence and Operators permit
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- More than 5 years working with mobile cranes (different types)
- Experience and ability to operate a crane on surface and underground highly desired
- Able to understand the load charts
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Basic rigging experience will be an added advantage
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th July 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.