BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves
About the Role:
The role involves working in a big data environment for a project with heavy data and stakeholdermanagement needs. The Statistical Programmer/Analyst responsibilities will therefore span all project phases (locating and assembling data, building datasets for analysis, implementing and interpreting mathematical and statistical procedures that often involve novel, challenging analyses of large datasets,and creating final presentations, reports, and graphics), while working closely with project managers and principal consultants to deliver to all stakeholder expectations including investors, funding partners,auditors and internal customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data management: work with large data sets, manage and manipulate them through programming.
- Analyze these data sets and deliver reports that outline inefficiencies, inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and other issues and develop solutions.
- Develop data management protocols, working alone, or partnering with other programmers and other relevant internal stakeholders, aid in the design, development, and implementation of new programs and applications for managing big data.
- Design and implement projects data-needs solutions; review project data needs and recommend designs, implement them and work to continually improve them.
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong background in statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, economics, or a related field.
- Wide experience in data analysis and strong computer skills using, R, Ms. Excel, SPSS and other scientific packages, and standard business and graphics software on Windows platforms in big data environment.
- Proficiency in using query and general-purpose programming languages such as Python, SQL, etc.
- Data-oriented personality with good scripting and programming skills.
- Aptitude for quantitative problem solving and precision.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an informal, collegial environment.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation competitive with the industry
At BURN and in our project teams we value and recognize ability and performance. We welcome new ideas and suggestions for better ways of achieving project goals and encourage continual improvement of skills and methods. We do our work on a flexible schedule as projects require but most importantly,we meet deadlines.
Closing Date : 28 June, 2020