Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below in Data Innovation Unit.
Data engineer :
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
● Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
● Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
● Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
● Proficient in designing, developing and delivering Big Data solutions on a Hadoop platform.
● Expertise & Experience of Hadoop based platform and associated technology; Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Yarn, Python
● End to end delivery from PoC through to Production service
● Strong developer / coding skills that encompass:
● Architecture and solution design
● T-SQL experience
● Python development
● Design and engineering decisions that cater for both functional and non-functional requirements
● Knowledge of industry and technology trends around Big Data
● Enterprise solutions
● Excellent Python knowledge
● Proficiency in Spark
● Strong grasp on SQL/noSQL
● Git / version control culture
● Good knowledge of Linux, bash
● Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
Nice to have:
● Ability to work with containerized solutions: Docker/Compose/Swarm/Kubernetes
● Unit testing, Test driven development practice
● DevOps, Continuous integration/ continuous deployment experience
● Agile development environment experience, familiarity with SCRUM.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 6th June, 2020