Data officers will be required to undertake appropriate tasks leading to the following deliverables and furnish evidence of completion of the same to Howard University DSD project manager. Deliverables are to be discussed during meetings with project manager and documents provided in electronic format, and in hard copy format as necessary.
Specific tasks include but not limited to the following;
- Follow-up on data with each facility, in line with the project monitoring and evaluation plan and approved work plan and ensure that the relevant data cleaning and verification is carried out promptly.
- Ensure verified/cleaned data on for each supported facility is captured to enable effective monitoring
- Support the DSD team in identifying priority data gaps and facilitate taking of appropriate action
- Conduct data mining from various data systems and registers.
- Compile periodic data and present to the project managers and coordinators.
- Responsible for system trouble shooting and IT related support at provincial level.
- Perform data entry of patient records and scan documents as necessary
- Demonstrable proficiency in IT including MS Excel & common statistical packages
- Understanding of HIV policy and strategy issues in Kenya
- Understanding of rights-based approaches in strategy development.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross- cultural contexts.
- Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral engagements
Skills and Qualification:
- Certificate in Business Administration or Accountancy (A Diploma would we an Added Advantage)
- 2+ Years of Hands on Administrative Support Experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel And MS Outlook a Must
- Knowledge of Smartcare
- Knowledge of Operating Standard Office Equipment
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Ability to Prioritize Projects and Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Research Skills and Attention to Detail
Gross Monthly Salary: Competitive
Please email your resume and cover letter to: