RHODES PARK SCHOOLS LTD
Education For The Real World
Supporting the Head teacher to ensure effective learning and teaching through the provision and delivery of a modern, broad, balanced, and cutting-edge curriculum in the Primary Section of the School. A track record of outstanding teaching, whole school pastoral experience, and the ability to mentor colleagues is vital.
- To assist in setting direction for the school to enable all learners to reach their potential, and to translate a vision into a whole school curriculum with consistency and high expectations.
- To support the Head Teacher in conducting employee performance management and ensure that plans to monitor and mentor teachers are effected.
- To support in the recruitment and orientation process of new staff and provide input into the staff welfare initiatives, and, once agreed, support implementation.
- To monitor curriculum, teaching, learning, and work with teachers and make recommendations for modifying them as needed.
- Monitor the progress of pupils throughout the year, identifying gaps and any underachievement (through book scrutinies, planning checks, observation, discussion with pupils etc.).
- To manage teaching and learning to ensure that there is a high degree of consistency and innovation in teaching practices to enable personalized learning for all students.
- To support in developing the annual school budget and administer the approved budget and school resources to ensure budgetary and cost control measures are observed in the delivery of education services.
- To maintain communication with the school authorities, parents, and community (local authorities, government agencies and wider Independent Schools community).
- To undertake the professional duties of the Head teacher, in the event of her absence from the school to enable continuity in professional leadership and management of the school.
- Provide regular feedback for colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives resulting in a tangible impact on students learning.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- The applicant for the role should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits and above
- Qualified teacher registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Education Leadership and Management will be an added advantage
- Flexible and transparent, with a high aptitude for technology in the Classroom
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 10 years’ primary school teaching experience
- Should have good counselling and communication skills
- Must be familiar with the primary school pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ), experience with IPC curriculum will be an advantage
SPECIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Has high expectations for children and themselves
- Has a passion for raising standards and attainment
- An excellent role model for the staff and children within the school
Application Process : All applications and vacancy details should be forwarded to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at e-mail [email protected] by Friday 13th November, 2020.