Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU)
LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
The LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMU) is a privately owned University, registered under the Higher Education ACT of 2013 to provide higher learning in Medical Education. LAMU is regulated by the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), the General Nursing Council (GNC), the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) among other professional bodies in the health sector.
The University is looking for a mature, proactive, highly motivated and result oriented Zambian with appropriate qualifications and experience to fill the position of:
DEPUTY REGISTRAR – HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for spearheading the planning and coordinating the provision of Human Resources Management functions to the University.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Formulate human resource and administrative polices, strategies and action plans that are in line with the vision/mission and objectives of the University to the Registrar for Approval.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Human Resources and Administration Department aimed at ensuring that programmes and activities such as, recruitment, training/development will be achieved and submits to the Registrar for consideration.
- Advises superior and Line Management on all of human resources, interpreting relevant labour laws, policies and procedures on recruitment, salary administration, job evaluation, staff development, IR and promotions, to ensure consistent and effective handling of human relations issues and activities.
- Evaluates and assesses regularly, the UniversiWs human lesources requirements through consultations with Heads of Department/Deans and through monitoring of staff movements occasioned by transfers, promotion, demotions and separations to ensure critical area of operations are adequately staffed.
- Procures the necessary human resource requirements in terms of both numbers and quality to achieve the institution’s objectives in collaboration with concerned Departments.
- Provides staff training and development services to ensure that the University staff are adequately trained and equipped to perform their duties and roles as envisaged in the Strategic Plan effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews from time-to time conditions of service and salaries for all staff in liaison with the relevant committees/ representatives and recommends improvements as necessary to keep up with the prevailing labour market trends.
- Develops and implements human resource and administrative manuals, systems and procedures such as job evaluation, performance appraisals, recruitment, discipline, conditions of service and training for consistency and fairnæs.
- Supervises the provision of effective office services and administrative support, including stores services through subordinates such as maintaining clean environment, providing pool transport, record management and provision of store items to users.
- Administers the University Disciplinary Code end Grievance Procedure and attends to employees’ disputes and grievances in such a way as to create harmonious working environment in the University.
- Carries out annual performance appraisals of subordinates to facilitate salary reviews, promotions, training and coordinates and manages the University’s Appraisal Scheme to ensure objectives of improving the University’s and individual performance are achieved.
- Ensures proper termination arrangements are put in place for various types of separations to minimise litigation.
- Handles staff welfare, administering the medical scheme, staff Insurance and funerals in order to provide effective support to staff.
- Prepares Monthly, Quarterly, Annual and ad hoc reports on staff activities and human resources and administrative issues in the Authority, highlighting disciplinary trends, engagements, separations and IR climate, transport and stores usage for Management information.
- Performs any other duty as may be required by the supervisor from time to time.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Coordinates Administration and Human Resources functions in the provision of services to the University.
- Computation, logistical and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneousand priorities and tightdeadlines.
- Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or Equivalent
- Degree in Human Resource or Public Administration or any relevant social science discipline.
- Member of ZIHRM
- ICT literate.
- At least seven (7) years and above, and relevant experience at Senior Management Level.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates, meeting the above qualifications, may submit their applications including:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copies of relevant professional and academic certificates; and
- Three traceable referees; and Candidates personal contact details, including phone numbers.
Application letters must be clearly marked “The Registrar- LAMU” and be addressed to:
Lusaka Apex Medical University
Kasama Road, P. O. BOX 31909
E-mail: [email protected]
Hard copy applications can be deposited at LAMU – Chalala Campus.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14th February 2020.