Unicaf University is seeking to appoint a Deputy Vice-Chancellor to be responsible for the smooth management and operation of the University. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor will act as a chief academic officer, report to the Vice-Chancellor and will be expected to provide strong leadership, demonstrate planning, implementing, monitoring, and controlling abilities of the academic staff in the University. The DVC acts according to the academic policies and procedures and the general framework of the University regarding the strategic development, quality, and standards of its fully online and blended learning programmes. The DVC is responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day management of the university’s activities and DVC is accountable to the University’s Senate.
Qualification and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate (with five O levels) or its equivalent
- Holder of an authentic Ph.D., Masters and Bachelor’s degrees’ from accredited and recognized universities
- A CV that demonstrates academic leadership and publication history
- Senior level management experience with 5 years in a reputable higher learning institution
- Should have demonstrable knowledge and experience in ICT, and online learning
Note: all certificates should be ZAQA verified
- Assigning objectives and goals to the different university departments and academic and admin staff.
- Responsible for supervising the university department(s) head(s) and coordinate staff development programmes.
- Ensuring coherent communication between and within the university departments.
- Making sure that knowledge and innovation are promoted and transmitted efficiently and effectively.
- Networking and liaising with external bodies / professionals in order to strengthen the University’s academic status in terms of research, education and training.
- Participate in meetings with academic/other staff and stakeholders.
- Manage all the University’s academic, research and consultancy activities
- Direct and monitor the implementation of the University’s strategic plan.
- Liaising with external stakeholders to develop and maintain university partnerships.
- Acting on the behalf of the VC in all respects, when the VC is absent.
- To perform any other relevant duties as delegated by the VC.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English language
- Effective communication with students, partner university colleagues and representatives
- Effective communication with internal departments
- Should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a highly relational approach
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should include Deputy Vice Chancellor /2021 as the subject of the email application sent to [email protected] A cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and copies of their qualifications should be submitted together.