BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.
Direct reports: None
BURN is currently seeking a mission driven candidate as a Design Engineering Fellow in our factory in Ruiru, Kenya.
- Conceptual and detailed design of clean burning cookstoves and accessories for East Africa
- Research and developing manufacturing processes including designing tools for production
- Fabrication of prototypes, including sheet metal forming, 3d printing and others
- Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
- Mechanical engineering, product development, or industrial design background
- Good command of CAD software, documentation skills
- Practical working experience
- Familiarity with basic tool shop equipment and tools, such as drill press, mill, lathe, etc.
- Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Mechanical aptitude, understanding of process development
- Experience in tooling, jigs and fixtures design
- Works well in team setting
- Goal oriented
- Preference for experience with CNC, sheet metal, production environments, or process development
Location and Duration:
12-month fellowship in Ruiru, Kenya
Closing Date : 3rd May, 2020