The primary role of the DSD data officer is to oversee the review and capturing of DSD clinical data in four flagship hospitals in Lusaka Province, Zambia. The DSD clinical data officer will work with clinical staff and data officers in the assigned facilities to ensure clinical records are reviewed thoroughly and DSD database is populated adequately.
i. Stakeholder Engagement
- Work closely with DSD stakeholders at facility level to develop and maintain key relationships
- Work closely with DSD staff to ensure seamless multi-directional flow of information between the various clinical records.
ii. Project Implementation and technical support
- Work closely with Howard University DSD Manager and other project staff and facility ART staff in the execution of components of this project
- Performs clinical and medical record reviews, data collection and database entry.
- Interacts with and provides supporting reference documentation to the DSD staff.
- Assures that all work is completed within agreed timelines.
- Communicates with appropriate parties regarding data capturing and entry process
- Evaluates, identifies, and reports on, quality of clinical data issues.
- Participates on quality improvement teams.
- Participates in the project data analysis, reporting, and feedback processes.
- Prepare, write and edit programme reports periodically in an agreed format.
- Present DSD data to relevant stakeholders as requested at provincial and district levels
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DSD program manager
- Prepare reports on the implementation of DSD data capturing and entry process
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma in IT and other related fields
- 3 years of experience in the management of HIV program data
- Experience in donor-oriented data handling
- Experience working with data on differentiated service delivery of HIV care
- Computer literate including skills in smartcare
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files, and other necessary health documents
Salary: Negotiable and competitive
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]