The primary role of the DSD officer is to provide ART care through a fast-track model of differentiated service delivery in selected high-volume hospitals in the Copperbelt Province and ensure the quality of the DSD programme through active supervision and onsite mentorship. The DSD project officer will also work with MoH data team in facilities, provincial and district health offices and all DSD stakeholders to ensure quality services are provided to patients, data is collected to support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Conduct training, orientation & provide hands on onsite mentorship to facility staff in DSD – plus.
- Coordinate DSD – plus activities and create awareness on the need to refer all stable clients for assessment and enrolment to DSD plus model
- Collaborate with CB PHO, DHO and other IPs in DSD plus activity implementation to ensure quality of service.
- Consolidate and provide weekly DSD data summary and data sets for decision making.
- Provide leadership to DSD team at facility level.
- Work closely with DSD stakeholders at district and hospital levels to develop and maintain key relationships
- Assist with implementation of the DSD plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues.
Project Implementation and technical support
- Work closely with Howard University DSD Manager and other project staff and facility ART staff in the execution of components of this project
- Assist with implementation of the DSD work plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues.
- Facilitate the process of setting up a fast track ART service point for stable ART clients in supported high volume facilities
- Provide technical assistance and support to staff members in high volume facilities per the DSD implementation plan
- Provide support on the collection and transmission of program data from supported facilities.
- Compile and present achievements of the DSD programme implementation as required
- Prepare, write, and edit programme reports periodically in an agreed format.
- Present DSD data to relevant stakeholders as requested at provincial and district levels
- Prepare reports on the programme implementation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DSD program manager
- Degree/Diploma in relevant qualification including clinical medicine, , pharmacy, and nursing.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing donor-funded HIV projects in a public setting
- At least 3 years of experience in HIV program
- Experience in practical execution of HIV projects especially community-based projects
- Experience in donor-oriented report writing
- Experience working with differentiated service delivery of HIV care
- Registered with relevant health councils and certified to provide professional health service in Zambia
- Knowledge on current HIV treatment guidelines including adherence support and ADR monitoring.
- Computer literate including skills in smartcare
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files and other necessary health documents
Salary: Negotiable and competitive
Please email your resume and cover letter to: