World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Digital Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – PFISER Project will provide technical guidance to Pfizer project on Programme/Project planning, development, monitoring and evaluation in line with WV and donor policies /standards; including maintaining systems to collect and analyze information on activities, outputs, outcomes and impact. The Digital M&E Technical Officer will further provide technical leadership and day-to-day operations for the integration and of aligned digital health solutions in Pfizer project to fast track reduction of under 5 deaths in line with the National eHealth Policy & Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Management:
- Establish a robust M&E system for the project by having clear M&E framework and a performance-monitoring plan for all project indicator.
- Develop and administer performance-monitoring tools to track program indicators in line with the Project/Programme implementation plan
- Collect and process data on project activities as specified in the detail project implementation plan.
- Plan and conduct project output and outcome level monitoring as per the M&E plan and share through monitoring reports on progress of the project in line with the results framework
Mapping, Customization, Alignment and Deployment
- Conduct mapping of relevant local digital health stakeholders (including mobile network operators, district level Health teams), build relationships with the identified stakeholders to facilitate sharing of information, learning and collaboration.
- Coordinate with District Health Teams and other local level bodies to ensure their active participation in design and implementation of integrated digital health solutions.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to customize and align the Comm Care application to ttC 2 and iCCM ensuring effective scheduled household visits, diagnostic, treatment including Health Worker supervision. This includes facilitating DHIS2 Comm Care interoperability
- Liaise closely with World Vision National Office team to ensure the project is aligned with the Government’s digital strategy, policies and regulations as well as existing national technical enterprise architecture and interoperability framework. Facilitate alignment and Comm Care DHIS2 interoperability for open health information exchange
Capacity Building and Routine Support
- Provide technical support to the project staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders on monitoring and evaluation according to World Vision Uganda evaluation strategy and donor requirements.
- Develop capacity of project staff to utilize existing M&E tools for proper tracking and reporting in line with the donor guidelines including coaching and mentoring for project staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of World Vision staff and potential users on the use of digital technology. Participate in ToT and co-facilitate the training of users of the digital health application(s). Provide supportive supervision and deliver refresher trainings to users to reinforce skills and introduce new application features (upgrades). Provide Level 1 and Level 2 IT technical support for the implementation of the digital health solution. If necessary, communicate effectively with the solution providers to clarify and resolve Level 3 technical issues
- Promote sustained and enhanced health worker capacity strengthening using Video Distance Learning (VDL) including continuous evaluation of sessions and documentation of learnings
Data Management, Analysis, Reporting and Utilization
- Perform analysis of data, providing both descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as qualitative analysis, that will allow for an enhanced understanding project performance. Provide meaningful data summaries and visualization to demonstrate result to the project management.
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports documenting the findings of evaluation processes, including the impact of the project
- Offer technical leadership in supporting the timely transmission of digital health generated reports, effective management of the digital health platforms and the data. Support the ttC/iCCM-based models to facilitate effective household counseling, follow up and case management.
- Facilitate data utilization at all levels by ensuring end user access to appropriate digital health systems.
- Organize targeted capacity buildings and reflection meetings to promote generation of evidence-based actions through use of quality data
Project Documentation and Learning
- Compile progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annual and Annual) for management decision making in line with the project implementation plan and donor requirements.
- Promote utilization of data/information from progress reports, baselines, evaluations and other assessments at project level through reflection and learning forums such as quarterly review meetings and management meetings or conferences for project partners.
- Documentation of project learnings, project most significant change stories, best practices etc in profiling the project’s performance to stakeholders
Assessments, Evaluations, Research and innovation
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in conducting project assessments and Evaluations in line with established donor related guidelines.
- Monitor and track implementation of project evaluation recommendations in line with World Vision Uganda evaluation strategy and donor regulations.
- Continuously review existing digital health solutions along with the changing partner and user needs and champion the development of new features that optimize amplification of the project goals. This includes participation in ongoing testing, implementation, and evaluation of digital health applications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Digital Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – PFISER Project job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in; Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Systems / Software Engineering/Computer Engineering/ Informatics AND a PGD Monitoring & Evaluation (or its equivalent).
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant professional experience in; managing data intensive programs in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies. Health Information Systems with focus mHealth , Supporting implementation of MOH accredited systems such as; DHIS2, mTrack, EMR and others like Comm Care
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators with focus on health programs
- Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use is desirable.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software’s (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, STATA etc.
- Be abreast of the national Enterprise Architecture and Interoperability efforts for Health information exchange and versed with Regulatory frameworks for implementation / evaluation of aligned digital health systems.
- Experience in; Systems Analysis, Programming and Software customization with a clear understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to research and evaluate health information applications and information systems software and learn new software and hardware packages in order to adapt to the rapid changes in technology.
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated
- Capacity/potential in leadership, relationship management/networking, and coordination.
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, facilitation skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae. Apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.