Zambia Tourism Agency
The Zambia Tourism Agency (ZTA) is a Statutory Body established through the Tourism and Hospitality Act No. 13 of 2015. The Act mandates the Zambia Tourism Agency to effectively market and promote Zambia as a tourism and travel destination ofchoice and to regulate the tourism industry.
The Zambia Tourism Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
DIRECTOR LICENSING AND STANDARDS (RE-ADVERTISED)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director Licensing and Standards is responsible for managing the licensing of tourism enterprises; and the development and review of tourism and hospitality standards in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and make Zambia a more competitive tourism destination.
- Manages effectively the licensing of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
- Manages periodically the development and review of minimum requirements, Tourism and Hospitality Standards in order to make Zambia a more competitive destination.
- Manages regularly the conduct of inspections of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to standards and requirements.
- Manages periodically the classification and grading of accommodation establishments in order to ensure uniformity within each category, conformity to local, regional tourism standards and cater for different segments in the market.
- Manages effectively delegated role of provision of Secretariat services to the Industry Regulations Committee in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Committeels business.
- Manages regularly the conduct of tourism licensing and standards capacity building programmes to tourism enterprises in order to ensure adherence to Sta ndards.
- Ensures effectively the implementation of performance management in order to monitor, eval uate and enhance performance.
- Ensures effectively management of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Masters in Tourism and Hospitality Management or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience 4 years of which must be at management level
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Age between 35 – 50 years
- Must be Zambian National
Interested candidates with necessaty qualifications and personal attributes for the jobs should submit their applications accompanied with detailed CV and copies of educational and professional certificates to the address below on or before Friday, 4th December, 2020.
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Tourism Agency
Corner Great East Road and Kalembwe Close
P.O. Box 30017