Lusaka Health Institute, School of Nursing
The Lusaka Health Institute is a privately owned organisation providing training for registered nurses in Zambia. The Institute was established in 2007 and offers a three year Diploma in Registered Nursing
The Institute is seeking for a highly motivated, suitably qualified candidate with strong leadership and hands-on management skills for the position of Director.
The Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of LHI in accordance with strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- To foster effective teamwork with the Board of Directors, the Management team and staff in general;
- To develop operational plans to achieve the Institutes strategic direction and oversee efficient and effective day to day operation of the Institute including monitoring and evaluating its performance;
- To provide the Board with relevant reports allowing for strategic monitoring of organizational performance;
- To oversee the implementation of Human Resource policies, procedures and practices; to recruit and train staff and implement an appropriate performance management process;
- To administer the funds of the organization in accordance with financial management policies and an approved budget; and to monitor expenditure whilst ensuring the organization complies with all legislation relating to statutory payments;
- To identify and evaluate risk to the organization and to put in place risk mitigation measures;
- Three-year renewable contract term
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A grade twelve or equivalent School Leaving Certificate
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health related Sciences, Business Administration, Accounting, or any other relevant qualification
- A Masters’ Degree in a relevant discipline will be a distinct advantage
- Suitable applicants should possess a minimum of ten (10) years working experience with at least five years in Senior Management and leadership positions
The following documents must be enclosed as part of the application:
- A Curriculum Vitae including details of three contactable referees
- Certified copies of relevant educational and professional certificates
- A one-page motivation statement affirming why you are applying for the job and why you believe that you are the best candidate to lead the Lusaka Health Institute into the future.
Applications must be clearly marked Director LHI and must be addressed to the Board Chairperson, Lusaka Health Institute.
Applications may be lodged in hard copy secured in a sealed envelope and dropped at Beatmas Human Resource Consultants Limited, Plot 5499B, Lunsemfwa Road, Kalundu (Opposite Victoria Hospital) P.O. Box 32830, Lusaka, Zambia or Electronic applications can be sent to [email protected]
Closing date: 10th August 2018