Manica Zambia Limited
Position Title: Driver
Position Type: Permanent Contract
Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure sound running of Company Vehicles (Motor Vehicles, Motorcycles, Forklifts etc) and update the supervising office of the challenges being faced in the day to day running of the vehicles.
- Ensuring that Road tax, fitness and insurance discs on company vehicle are valid at all times
- Correct Driving practices of motor vehicles
- Vehicle cleanliness at all times
- Close monitoring of the Oil / Water and other vehicle liquids.
- Correct speed limit driving and the correct road signage interpretation while driving, failure to comply of which, the driver will bear the full cost of any such fines arising.
- Close monitoring and reporting of the maintenance schedules and timely report when the vehicle is due for such maintenance.
- Correct vehicle accessories are available and in a usable state before any handover or driving of any vehicle.
- To ensure vehicle security, its contents and management at all times.
- To ensure timely updates to all concerned parties on any challenges with the vehicle at all times.
- To ensure only authorized material / passengers are allowed into any company vehicle at all times
Driver Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 certificate or above
- Fluent in English Language, both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a pleasant personality during work hours/off hours
- Wide knowledge of the highway code
- A good team player
- Ability to maintain accurate relevant records for all company vehicles
- Read to work long hours
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Qualified driver with valid PSV driver’s license (preferably)
- Clean drivers’ licence
- Ability to maintain motor vehicle logbook
- Minimum knowledge in mechanics
- Able to maintain discipline on & off the road
- Abilities to multi- task and work independently
- Consistent, professional dress and manner
Qualified persons should apply by sending their application letter, school certificates and curriculum vitae with contact number(s). Ensure that all contents are sent in a single document before 26th June 2020.Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]