The primary role of the DSD coordinator is to provide technical assistance to high volume hospitals on the execution of DSD-Plus program in Southern Province and ensure the quality of the DSD programme through active supervision and mentoring. The DSD project coordinator will also work with data officers and the provincial and district DSD stakeholders to ensure that quality information is collected to support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Work closely with DSD stakeholders at provincial and district levels to develop and maintain key relationships
- Work closely with provincial and district staff to ensure seamless multi-directional flow of information between the various structures
- Represent HU at meetings at provincial and district levels
- Assist with implementation of the DSD plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues.
- Ensure that operational tracking and implementation is in place and maintained
- Develop an action plan that addresses all the duties required at provincial and district levels
- Implement the action plans coming out of the various stakeholder meetings- including site visits with implementing partners and management meetings.
- Ensure the full and timely implementation of all DSD activities within budget and within agreed standards of quality
- Project Implementation and technical support
- Work closely with Howard University DSD Manager and other project staff and facility ART staff in the execution of components of this project
- Assist with implementation of the DSD work plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues.
- Facilitate the process of setting up a fast track ART service point for stable ART clients in supported high volume facilities
- Conduct frequent monitoring site visits to supported facilities to improve overall project efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide technical assistance and support to high volume facilities per the DSD implementation plan
- Provide support on the collection and transmission of program data from supported facilities.
- Compile and present achievements of the DSD programme implementation as required
- Prepare, write and edit programme reports periodically in an agreed format.
- Present DSD data to relevant stakeholders as requested at provincial and district levels
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DSD program manager
- Support the preparation of supporting documentation for meetings and teleconferences as required
- Prepare reports on the programme implementation
- Degree in relevant qualification including clinical officer, pharmacy and nursing.
- Post graduate qualifications is an advantage.
- Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 5 years of experience in managing donor-funded HIV projects in a public setting
- 5 years of experience in HIV program coordination
- Experience in practical execution of HIV projects especially community-based projects
- Experience in stakeholder management, coordination and networking, in the health sector
- Experience in donor oriented report writing
- Experience working with differentiated service delivery of HIV care
- Registered with relevant health councils and certified to provide professional health service in Zambia
- Knowledge on current HIV treatment guidelines including adherence support and ADR monitoring.
- Computer literate including skills in smartcare
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files and other necessary health documents
- Valid Driver’s license
Salary: Negotiable and competitive
Please email your resume and cover letter to: