Position: Early Childhood Education (ECE) Specialist -ZREAD
Location: World Vision Zambia – National Office
To provide technical support and supervision to Development Facilitators for the execution of programme interventions for the delivery of ZREAD Technical Programme outcomes.
Technical programme support:
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, Learning Roots Model and protocols to aid programme implementation
- Provide technical support and supervision to Area Programmes (AP) on community and other partner engagement regarding Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Support in the design and implementation review of technical program interventions
- Assess and support AP quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure that information, education and communication (IEC) materials are in place for effective implementation.
- Ensure recommended technical program models are contextualized for effective implementation in Aps
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance:
- Support research/Studies on ECE related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented and shared across APs
- Provide technical guidance on teaching and learning materials and material development
- Facilitate Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of technical programme staff for increased accountability
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings including Ministry of General Education Joint Annual Review Meeting (JAR), Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) and other meetings for alignment of National priorities.
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Education or relevant field with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field, BA/MA Degree in Early Childhood Education, or Higher Diploma (Post Graduate) in education or relevant field, including Teacher, Teacher Professional Development Systems and Literacy Programming with minimum 6 years’ experience
- Post Graduate certificate in Curriculum Development or Education management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Teaching, Teacher Professional Development Systems and Literacy Programming
- Experience in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Experience in organization capacity building
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- In-depth understanding of how children learn to read and write
- Experience working on Early Childhood Education projects
- Experience with EGRA and EGMA
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Office-based 40%: field 60%
Travel: international as required
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.