The Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is a self-regulated membership body, established under the Accountants Act of 1982 and as amended in the Accountants Act of 2008 has the primary mandate of regulating and promoting the accountancy profession in Zambia.
The Vision of ZICA is “A reputable leader in developing finance and business professionals”.
Its Mission is “ZICA will protect public interest through the regulation of the accountancy profession to the satisfaction of stakeholders”
The Core Values of the Institute are:
“Integrity, Professionalism, Customer Centric, Accountability, Excellence, Innovation” The Institute would like to recruit outstanding, results oriented and self-motivated; versatile and a professional individual of high personal integrity with appropriate academic and professional qualifications and experience.
POSITION: EDUCATION AND TRAINING MANAGER
The main purpose of the Manager Education and Training is to provide leadership in the management of training programmes, development and review of ZiCA programmes in conformity with international standards.
The Education and Training Manager is accountable to the Director of Education and Training.
- Developing operational plans for the department based on the strategic plan for the directorate so as to achieve the set goals and objectives;
- Preparing a comprehensive budget for the department so as to ensure that all the sections are adequately funded for them to carry out their activities effectively;
- Preparing comprehensive departmental reports of activities undertaken during the period under review in order to provide an accurate feedback on activities carried out;
- Leads his/her teams in the execution the following key deliverables:
- Development and review of curriculum and learning materials,
- Registration of students,
- Accreditation of tuition providers and practical training mentors,
- Placement and monitoring of trainees undertaking practical training,
- Awarding certificates to students who complete the training requirements,
- Formation and support of student chapters in the training institutions,
- The provision of education and training related articles for the student accountant magazine, and
- Holding of short courses
- Facilitating and providing Secretarial Services to the Committees of Council so as to contribute to the smooth running of the Institute;
- Liaises with other parties in matters related to curriculum, practical training and accreditation in order to keep abreast with latest trends in quality assurance issues;
- Taking up any other assignments delegated by the Director of Education and Training.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA Zambia, ZICA Professional or equivalent), or
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with five (5) credits or better (including English and Maths)
- Minimum of 5 years in a related environment preferably in education and training;
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate ZICA Education information to non-technical personnel;
- Good decision making to be able to Direct training and development of programs without supervision;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Must possess excellent Computational/ Numerical Skills in order to apply Good arithmetic so that education and training statistics is accurately maintained;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in order to maintain excellent relationship with internal and external customers;
- Well-developed leadership and management skills;
- Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage;
- Driver’s License will be an added advantage.
NOTE: Please do not attach certificates at this stage;
If you are interested and meet the stated requirements, you may send a motivation letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) electronically. Indicate three traceable professional/work related referees with working contact numbers addressed to: –
Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants,
Thabo Mbeki Road,
P O Box 32005,
Email: [email protected]
(Closing Date: 20th March, 2020 by 17:00 hours)