Nanga Farms Plc
NANGA FARMS PLC
Nanga Farms Plc is a large irrigated sugarcane estate situated 25km North East of Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The company is part of the Illovo Sugar Ltd Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,850 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position:
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the purpose of the job is to manage the service and maintenance of the company’s electrical infrastructure which includes but is not limited to; company domestic housing, pump station MCAs, Centre Pivots and overhead lines.
- Plan, organize and control daily activities in the electrical section
- Supervise all electricians on the farm by scheduling and directing their daily and weekly activities
- Oversee and maintain all electrical equipment on Valley pivots (20), TL pivots (18) and underground cables. These range from 6mm to 30mm in size.
- Oversee and maintain all electrical equipment in pump stations. Motors range from 37kW to 110kW in size.
- Conduct fault diagnosis and perform Root Cause Analysis prior to start of break down works.
- Adhere to company and industry safety procedures at all times
- Oversee and maintain all overhead lines Low Voltage and Medium
- Voltage when required. Medium V lines belong to Zesco but when and if required, must be able to assist and oversee works under the estates control.
- Oversee and maintain all 3 phase (400/380V) and single phase (230V Low Voltage installations
- Develop and adhere to a maintenance schedule for all Nanga electrical assets
- Make sure that stipulated SHERQ work instructions and electrical drawings are regularly updated interpreted according to the required standard
- Carry out a high standard of house keeping by ensuring that all transmission lines are kept clean and out of danger of any potential faults.
- Must at all times maintain a high level of professionalism with work and dealings with people
- Ensures that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental management system
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of Electrical Technician level or its equivalent
- Minimum of three years post qualifying experience in a similar position in Farming industry.
- Good interpersonal and technical skills, personal organization as well as high level of integrity are required
- Should be registered with the Engineering Institute of Zambia as an
- Electrical Technician as a minimum.
- Must be computer literate preferably with experience MS Word and Excel
- Accredited MV switching and isolation certification would be advantageous
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 30th August 2018, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), and copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, valid phone number and email address to:
General Manager Nanga Farms Plc P. O Box 670079 Mazabuka.