Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Positions:
Emergency Nutrition Project Manager
The position exists to provide leadership guidance and strategize the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all Plan Zambia initiated nutrition interventions in emergency/humanitarian response, post emergency recovery and disaster risk reduction/mitigation projects. He/she is expected to proactively engage in influencing pertinent policies, strategies and practices with the aim to ensure benefit of children affected by disasters, and also build institutional capacity of Plan and its partners to effectively respond to emergency nutrition related needs; with the overall objective of protecting, promoting and improving the nutritional and health status of children affected by and recovering from disasters/emergencies.
- Work collaboratively with Emergency Nutrition Specialist, Health Program Manager and Emergency Response team members to provide strategic leadership and guidance in designing effective emergency nutrition projects with long term perspective & linkage to longer term development within the framework of Plan International Zambia’s (PIZ) Country Strategic Plan & Plan’s principles and values
- Provide technical assistance and coordination in conducting rapid assessments and standard nutrition surveys
- Planning and implementation of Emergency Nutrition Response project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to national policy, strategy and technical standards, best practices and donor and internal guidelines.
- Liaising and establishing contacts at Province and district levels with ENCU, DMMU and NGOs and participate in technical, logistics and operational meetings and discussions concerning emergency nutrition response in Plan International Zambia operational areas
- Provide capacity building and technical support so to project staff so that they are well aware of the standardized approach to Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) management and supporting staff.
- Ensure that emergency nutrition and related projects are technically sound, environmentally friendly, socially and cultural acceptable Jointly with Emergency Nutrition Specialist for Central, Eastern and Luapula Provinces,
- Provide team leadership and coordination in the design of nutrition response plans and strategies and also in the development of proposals for submission to donors to raise funds.
- Ensure effective partnership, networking and coordination/collaboration with government, NGOs, UN agencies and other international partners in the design and implementation of emergency nutrition projects.
- Master’s degree in applied nutrition, public health or related fields is preferred.
- Minimum B.Sc. in relevant field of study.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in similar organizations at advisory level including line management of staff.
- Extensive and documented experience in managing emergency nutrition and health related projects with focus on operational aspects including management of budget and logistics
- Experience of managing projects for major donors and experience of working with international NGO, UN or donor agencies
All applications close Tuesday 14th April, 2020. Please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]