- Assisting in preparing road investment programs for road networks;
- Assisting in preparing Public Private Partnership arrangements;
- Assisting in preparing Materials testing and research programs;
- Assisting in carrying out traffic surveys and management of traffic data;
- Assisting in collecting and collating economic, environmental and social data for road investment programmes and strategies;
- Assisting in preparing engineering design of road works and structures;
- Assisting in preparing tender documentation for road works and structures;
- Assisting in preparation of work plans
- Assisting in preparing records for road assets database; and
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be Proficient in computer applications;
- Be registered as a Graduate Engineer by the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Be a Graduate member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Candidates will be expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and attach copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from www.kura.go.ke, fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 16th July 2019. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, NAIROBI
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply