MISENGE ENVIRONMENTAL AND TEHNICAL SERVICES LTD
Job Summary: To provide Integrated Case Management (ICM) of children with elevated lead in blood and provide medical treatment as directed by the physician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all cases of elevated lead in blood for children are properly followed up after advice to parents and guardians on the environmental factors they have to implement at home to ensure good health of their children.
- Supervise all other case management personnel that may be engaged by METS.
- Proper delivery of services at household level.
- Follow up visits are made to the care givers in order to monitor how siblings are being looked after then counsel accordingly for the well being of their children, do spot checks in the way diet is prepared for their families.
- Carry out random sampling in communities as a recruitment exerciser to identify children to be put on integrated case management and food supplement.
- Carry out lead in blood monitoring of children on integrate case management by venous sampling as directed by physician.
- Administer medication and other supplements for reducing lead in blood as directed by the physician.
- Monitor the delivery of risk communication messages in communities; provide Information and techniques to overall effort of lead reduction based messages of lead exposure to affected children.
- Prepare work schedule to ensure timely management of set programs.
- Write monthly reports for analysis and further planning.
Requirements (Education and experience)
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery
- 5 years experience
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of community engagement techniques and environmental issues is an added advantage.
Key knowledge, attributes, skills and abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Office management skills
- Preferably GRZ retired nurses
Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements
- To ensure good house-keeping at all times
- To report all incident/accidents to the immediate supervisor
- To protect own health and safety
- To protect health and safety of others
- Ensures Compliance to Legal requirements
Physical Environmental Risk exposure
Mostly works under office conditions but may also be exposed to fumes, dust other environmental hazards during client visitations.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]