Independent Schools Association of Zambia
The Independent Schools Association of Zambia is an independent, non-profit organization that serves the interests of member schools. It was founded in 1995, as leaders of independent schools grappled with how best the private school sector in Zambia could work together to promote their common interests.
The association has grown in number, and now represents the interests of 49 schools who provide education to approximately 23 000 pupils.
The growth of ISAZ and the increasing complexity of the education sector have necessitated the employment of an Executive Director.
The initial two-year contract will be on a part-time basis, for three days per week. The salary is negotiable depending on experience. Initially, the Executive Director will work remotely with support from the secretariat.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the government and private school education sectors in Zambia and is likely to have worked in at least one of these sectors as a senior leader. In addition to representing the private schools’ interests, the successful candidate will contribute positively to the wider education narrative in Zambia.
More specifically, the Executive Director of ISAZ will be responsible for:
- Advocacy: Ensuring that the broader Zambian public and the government value the schools who belong to ISAZ.
- Policy Formulation: Collaborate with the government on national policy issues and help schools understand the operational implications of national policy pronouncements.
- Marketing: Attracting suitable schools as members.
- Fund Raising: Work with business and other organizations that would benefit from involvement with ISAZ to raise funds that will be used to pursue our objectives.
- Quality Assurance: Ensuring that all school who apply for membership are quality assured.
- Membership Support: Give advice and support existing members.
- Financial Administration: Take overall responsibility for the annual budget.
- Professional Development: Look for opportunities to synergize professional development across member schools
- Activities Coordination: Oversee the sectoral initiatives.
Applications must be e-mailed to the Chair of the Interview Panel at [email protected] They should include a letter of application, a summarised CV and at least two contactable referees.
Closing Date for Applications: 5 February 2021
Start Date: 1 March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and ISAZ reserves the right not to make an appointment.